The purpose of this award, as I understand it is, to permit bloggers to draw attention to other blogs which they, themselves, enjoy. I freely confess that I am not a model citizen of the blog world, but here is a short list of blogs that I appreciate, and am delighted to nominate for the Liebster Award.
What the nominees do if they accept the Liebster Award
* Acknowledge and accept the Liebster Award by leaving a comment on the blog where you were nominated
*Copy the Liebster logo and paste it onto your own blog
*Inform your nominees by leaving a comment on their respective blogs
*In your blog post about the Liebster Award:
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions put to you by the person who nominated you
3. List 11 random facts about yourself
4. Nominate, and link to, 3–11 other blogs which you enjoy and which have fewer than 3,000 followers
5. List 11 questions for your nominees.
The answers to the 11 questions I was asked:
1. What would you like to get out of blogging?
I blog because it’s way for me to share my writing with friends and anyone else who is interested, without requiring them to purchase anything.
2. What is your claim to fame?
My claim to fame is that I’ve kept a diary since I was 9.
3. What matters to you most?
Windows. Preferably open windows, but windows of any kind. Fresh air.
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Costa Rica. I used to live there and I have every intention of going back—there or to Nicaragua.
6. How do you like spending your free time?
Warm weather free time: Doing outside things like walking, gardening, basking, brushing the cats
Cold weather free time: Writing, baking, knitting, crocheting, brushing the cats
7. What is your most abiding memory?
I have volumes of them.
Maybe the time, in Nicaragua, that I had to get into a small fishing boat with 3 men that I don’t know, or starve to death in the jungle. Then, instead of tying me up in the plastic hose that was coiled there and hacking me up with their machetes, they hopped out of the boat (plastic tube = breathing tube!), clawed up a few lobsters, and used the machetes to slice open a lemon.
8. Who is your favourite writer?
Today: Miriam Toews
In general: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
9. What type of music do you like?
I like happy music of any genre except country or heavy metal (ps. They are never happy anyway). I dislike whiney/sad music in any genre.
10.What tends to annoy you?
I hate being treated like I’m stupid. I hate even suspecting that I’m being treated like I’m stupid.
11. What quality do you most admire in people?
I admire people who can be honest without being unkind.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
- I grew up in a Mennonite family on a farm in Pennsylvania. I had braids and looked exactly like Laura from Little House on the Prairie (which is the only tv show we were allowed to watch) until I was about 13.
- I have a college degree in Theatre with a minor in Womens’ Studies.
- I lived in Costa Rica for 15 years and learned to surf. One day at Avellanas, Robert August lent me his longboard. It’s a great story…
- I’m allergic to mangos
- Sometimes I dream things and then they happen. Never ceases to freak me out.
- I have 2 step-kids, 3 ex-step-kids and 1 god-daughter, spread over 3 countries. And 4 cats, and 0 kids.
- When I’m really mad, I burst into tears. I hate that.
- I don’t get warm enough to take off my sweater until it’s 80 degrees F.
- I alternate reading books in English, Spanish and Italian. The Spanish ones take me a long time and the Italian ones take me forever, but I don’t care. Almost everybody I know has read more books than I have, for that reason.
- I’ve always wished I could raise one eyebrow. I can wiggle my ears, and even wiggle them one at a time, but I cannot raise one eyebrow.
- I like every food I’ve ever eaten except potato soup. Nasty.
The 11 questions to my nominees
- If you could do anything, what would you do first?
- What makes you the maddest?
- What will always make you laugh?
- Is it alright to wear pink and red together?
- To which animal do you think you are most similar?
- What’s your favorite quote?
- What did you get for your last birthday?
- If you had to give up caffeine or alcohol, which would it be?
- How old were you when you realized that other people were not like you?
- What, if any, religion do you subscribe to?
- What’s your motto/mantra/anthem?